When you plan to run Office 365 setup wizard and move you business domain to Office 365, you’ll need the following information in hand to begin the process:
Prerequisites to have in hand before your move your business to Office Setup
- List of people you wish to add in Office 365. Even if their details already exist in Office 365. Still you need to enter their names when you’re updating your domain information.
- Your employees won’t be able to access Office 365 accounts if they don’t have a valid Username and password. Therefore, you must devise a plan to send their Office 365 login details so that they can sign in their Office accounts. You can either inform them via personal email IDs or make phone calls to each of them.
- If you already have a domain name for your business profile (Such as content.com) and have plans to use Office 365 email services. You’ll need to know where your domain name is registered and have login details.
Microsoft Office 365 Setup for Business
Here are the things, you’ll need to do when you run the Office setup wizard for your business
The steps include information for Office setup that includes Active Local Directory. If you want to add your domain to Office 365 Setup then you need to take care of these things:
- In the initial stage, you need to personalize your domain by signing in to Microsoft Office 365 Business
- Add users and assign licenses in the admin center. Any users you add get automatically assigned an Office 365 Business license. If your Office 365 Business subscription already have existing users. Then you will get an option to assign licenses to them
- Connect your domain and verify your domain name by creating DNS records at any DNS hosting provider or domain registrar for office 365 setup to activate email and other services
- Manage your mobile devices and activate protection for work files.
- Install Office 365 setup on your Windows PC if all your employees have Windows 10 computers. You can automatically install Office setup via admin center or by visiting office.com/setup site.
Once the Office setup installation is complete, you can go to the Office 365 admin center, where you can change the domain of your Office 365 setup admin account. In addition, you can manage your billing details, add or remove users, reset passwords, and do other business functions.