There are times when you need to share links and images with other people, whether it is a reference of something or your portfolio. When it comes to share files, users rely on MS office applications for easy process. With MS Office OneNote, you get the freedom to share snapshot. This is a better than sharing links as you are not sure if the link gets suspended in future, whereas, a snapshot stays there in the inbox until your delete it.
There is nothing to be surprised about knowing that you can take snapshot in Office OneNote, as this feature is nothing new. Notebook users can recover permission to any previously shared pages by the feature of sharing the full notebook with associates. On the other hand, you can generate a separate notebook that contains copies of only the pages that you need to share. Doing this will help you do things in a much-sorted way and you can invite others to that separate notebook.
If you want to share a static copy of any page in your notebook, go through the instruction below. But, before you proceed to execute the steps, make sure you have a registered account on office.com/setup, else, you might not be able to make a move.
How do you share a snapshot of a page of notes?
To send a static copy (or a screenshot) of the current page in email, do the following:
- Launch OneNote on the screen and open the page you want to share
- In the top right section of the app window, click (Computer) or tap (Phone) Share
- If you do not see the Share button, check if you are using OneNote 2016 and not OneNote for Windows 10.
- Although you will not be able to share a single page of notes in OneNote 2016, you can send OneNote notes in email.
- Once the above changes are made, you will see the bottom of the Share task section that opens, press send a copy
Please note that if you are making changes to your notes after the settings, the previously shared notes of static copies will not be updated automatically. If you fail to make these changes, check for your office setup and fix if you find any error. You can also reach to the office MS Office support section to get the issue fixed.