iTunes started off as an application for managing music. However, it soon gained popularity and became a powerful media tool. The best thing about iTunes is that this program is available for both Mac as well as Windows. You can organize media, play songs and movies, and purchase media content. Readers can listen to audio books, and all of this can be done for free. If you have an iOS device, then iTunes will integrate well with it.
How to navigate iTunes?
Now, here is a well–researched guide for total novices who want to navigate iTunes:
Switch between Music, Movies, and TV Shows
- With the help of buttons on the upper portion, switch between music, movies, and TV shows.
- Below the top bar, a number of media options will be listed. If you hit any of these icons, you can change the view and access the files.
- Hit the three horizontal dots icon to check the libraries which are not displayed.
- In order to alter what you want to be shown on the screen, select Edit Menu option.
- If any compact disc is inserted or the iOS device gets connected to the system, a new icon will display in the menu bar.
- To toggle between various libraries, use a combination of Command and number keys.
- In order to check the playlist, just choose the library and go to the Playlists tab. You will be able to see all the songs along with the playlists in the left pane.
- You can customize and organize your existing library by hitting the View option located at the top right-hand edge of the screen. Now, you will be able to get different ways to organize your songs.
- Log in using the Apple ID
By logging in with your Apple ID, you will be able to synchronize all the purchased data as well as add your iTunes program to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod. New users can set up their Apple ID and log in by following these steps:
- Go to the User icon, present towards the left side of the Search option.
- Log in using your Apple ID.
- Enter the password for the same.
- How to add media to iTunes library
Add a folder to iTunes library
If you want to access your song files or synchronize them to your iPod, then you will have to transfer the songs to your iTunes library. You can transfer complete folders of songs to your iTunes library.
- Click on iTunes.
- In the drop-down list, choose to Add to Library option.
- Now, navigate the folders and select the one you wish to add to your iTunes library.
Lucy Jones is a creative person and social media manager living in New York. who has been writing blogs and articles about latest technology Microsoft Office.com/Setup, web development and also a tech savvy. She also interested in education and innovation to improve the work experience of users.